(National Sentinel)Â Non-compliance: The Justice Department has missed an April 5 deadline to turn over some 1.2 million documents to Congress related to the FBI’s probe of Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified emails and alleged abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court.
The DoJ had until April 5 to turn over the documents according to a subpoena filed by Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, last month.
As reported byÂ Fox News, a Republican Judiciary Committee aide said the DoJ had “not yet” turned over the requested documents related to the email probe, potential FISA abuses andÂ the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility’s recommendation to fire former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.
A Justice Department official confirmed to the news network that the department was “in ongoing communication with Chairman Goodlatte.”
Previously, Goodlatte had requested documents related to the Clinton email scandal investigation but said thatÂ only a “fraction” of those documents had been handed over with “no documents” related to the request on potential FISA abuses.
“Given the Departmentâ€™s ongoing delays in producing these documents, I am left with no choice but to issue the enclosed subpoena to compel production of these documents,” Goodlatte wrote in his March 22 letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
Goodlatte and other House Republicans have demanded a second special counsel to probe the allegedÂ FISA abuses and the Clinton email investigation. So far, Attorney General Jeff Sessions has refused.
However, Sessions has appointed the U.S. district attorney from Utah, John Huber, to look into the potential abuses.
Free speech is under attack by the social media giants Facebook, YouTube and Google â€” stay fully informed at Censored.news.