By Duncan Smith
Ever since Donald Trump was booted off all major social media platforms earlier this year over the lie that he ‘incited an insurrection’ on Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol, he’s been teasing starting a social media platform of his own.
Well, he still hasn’t done that. But one of his closest advisers, Jason Miller, just did.
It’s called “Gettr,” and it’s being billed as a “cancel-free” platform for all political stripes and persons of no political stripes.
Fox Business Network reports:
Former Trump senior adviser Jason Miller is launching a new social media platform on July 4 to declare “independence” from Big Tech, billing it as a “cancel-free zone” focused on free speech, with “superior technology” that he says will “be the envy” of Silicon Valley.
The platform is called “GETTR,” which Miller, the CEO of the company, told Fox News evolved from the idea of “getting together.”
“Let's get together, we're talking about a sense of community,” Miller told Fox News in an exclusive interview Thursday. “We think it will ultimately be a global platform—not just conservatives in the U.S.”
He added: “We want people from all political stripes to join the platform.”
GETTR is officially launching on Sunday, July 4 at 10:00 a.m. ET, but the platform is already in the App Stores.
“This ties in with Independence Day,” Miller said. “Independent from social media monopolies, independent from cancel culture; embracing free speech—our launch on Sunday is very much intentional.”
You may be thinking, ‘Oh good…just what we need. Another garbage social media platform.’
We thought that too, honestly. But Miller is a straight shooter and a Trump protege, so it’s hard to believe he’d launch a shit platform.
Time will tell, but we wanted to tell you it’s out there. Click here to check it out.
Is Inflation Going to Break the Back of Consumers and our Economy?
Will backed-up supply chains ever catch up to demand?
You have to be prepared for the coming financial reset