By Duncan Smith
The Democrat Party is the new American Communist Party.
They prove every day the remain in the majority.
Their agenda isn’t even ‘left-wing’ anymore, it’s straight up authoritarian.
And like authoritarians do, they’re now coming for our guns.
Led by historic gun grabber Dianne Feinstein, the Senate is preparing to introduce a bill that will literally outlaw more 205 legally owned firearms that she and her nimrod lying friends in the Commie Party falsely label “assault weapons.”
And they’re using the fake narrative of “domestic terrorism” to make their push.
Here are the key provisions:
- Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
- Bans any assault weapon with the capacity to utilize a magazine that is not a fixed ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
- Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.
- Requires a background check on any future sale, trade or gifting of an assault weapon covered by the bill.
- Requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock.
- Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.
- Bans bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates.
'It's been 17 years since the original Assault Weapons Ban expired, and the plague of gun violence continues to grow in this country,' said Feinstein (D-Calif.) in a press release.
'To be clear, this bill saves lives. When it was in place from 1994-2004, gun massacres declined by 37 percent compared with the decade before. After the ban expired, the number of massacres rose by 183 percent,' she continued.
'We're now seeing a rise in domestic terrorism, and military-style assault weapons are increasingly becoming the guns of choice for these dangerous groups. I'm hopeful that with the new administration and Democratic control of the Senate, we can finally pass commonsense gun reforms to remove these deadly weapons from our communities,' Feinstein added.
What a liar.
While crime fell during the time period mentioned, it wasn't due to the 'assault weapons' ban. Some studies indicate it was due to a tough crime bill signed in 1994. In fact, a Justice Department study at the 10-year anniversary of the ban (it expired after 10 years) found that it had no measurable effect on gun deaths and crime. And why? Because these rifles were rarely used to commit crimes (and that is still the case). More recent studies have come to the same conclusions.
'Assault weapons are designed for a single purpose – to kill as many people as possible in as short an amount of time as possible. That's why they are the weapon of choice for mass shooters and domestic terrorists. They are weapons of war and do not belong in our communities,' added Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.). 'Banning these weapons will make our cities and towns safer and more secure and help to reduce gun deaths.'
Again, this is simply a lie. Using stats and studies cited by the Foundation for Economic Education, between 2007 and 2017 'mass shootings involving AWs constitute 0.17 percent and 0.24 percent of all homicides and firearm homicides.'
Feinstein and her fellow Commies aren’t doing this gun grab for ‘public safety’ or to combat ‘domestic terrorism.’
They’re doing it because they have a slight majority in Congress right now and a brain-dead functionary in the White House, and they figure they won’t get a better chance again anytime soon.
These people are scum. And they hate the Constitution until it works in their favor.
President Trump is Breaking Down the Neck of the Federal Reserve!
He wants zero rates and QE4!
You must prepare for the financial reset