By Duncan Smith
Writing at The Federalist, David Sound notes he voted Republican in every election since 1980, but he did not vote for Donald Trump in 2016.
He doesn’t say whether he voted for Hillary Clinton, but we are assuming not, since he says he was happy when she lost.
But what caught our eye was his headline: “I Didn’t Vote for Trump in 2016, But I'd Crawl Over Broken Glass To Vote For Him Now.”
That’s a pretty strong statement.
Sound notes that he didn’t vote for the president because he didn’t believe him.
He thought he was going to be another disappointment, like so many previous GOP presidents, in terms of being genuinely conservative.
Boy, was he wrong, he admits.
Trump is no New York liberal, as Sound figured he would be.
What changed the writer’s mind about the president? His accomplishments, many of which Sound listed:
- Building the strongest U.S. economy in my lifetime through historic business and personal tax cuts, resulting in millions of jobs created and record-low unemployment
- Cutting federal government regulations that had a stranglehold on American business innovators and entrepreneurs
- Confronting China's trade abuses and negotiating fair trade deals with Canada, Mexico, South Korea, and Japan
- Eliminating the Obamacare individual mandate
- Rebuilding our military through investments in our defense capabilities as well as securing the largest military pay raise in a decade
- Nominating and confirming more solid conservative circuit court judges than any other first-term administration
- Nominating and fighting for the confirmation of two originalists, Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, to the Supreme Court and then nominating Amy Coney Barrett to fill the vacancy left by the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and then brokering the Abraham Accords peace deal between Israel, the United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain
- Consistently fighting Democrats to build the wall to secure our southern border, reinforcing and repairing hundreds of miles, with more construction on the way
In other words, Sound could have just as easily written that Trump’s agenda has not only been pretty darned conservative, but the man has kept his word like no president before him.
Conservative talk radio behemoth Rush Limbaugh has opined in the past that Donald Trump may be the most honest president we’ve had, save George Washington.
We think that’s correct. Sound’s list of accomplishments proves as much.
That’s why Trump really deserves a second term.
It’s not about the tweeting, the embellishment of certain things, or the feistiness of his demeanor: It’s about a president says what he means and means what he says.
How refreshing. And to think, we only get one more term of that kind of frank honesty.
“As president, Trump has largely kept his promises and fought against relentless opposition. I don't care about the tone of his tweets nor if his opponents think he's rude,” writes Sound.
“I've seen that he is a patriot who genuinely loves the United States of America and its people. I misjudged Trump in 2016, but I will do everything I can to see that he is re-elected in 2020 — and I'm sure I'm not the only one.”
Remember the president’s inaugural speech in January 2017? Truly remarkable and inspirational, and it set the tone for the patriot we see in him today.
President Trump is Breaking Down the Neck of the Federal Reserve!
He wants zero rates and QE4!
You must prepare for the financial reset