By Duncan Smith
Well, you had to know it wouldn’t take long for former President Barack ‘Trayvon could be my son’ Obama to speak out about the incident in Minneapolis involving the death of George Floyd allegedly at the hands of a white police officer.
As he has done so often in the past, Obama blasted his own country and used the rare instance of a black man dying at the hands of a police officer (white or black) to claim that ‘nothing’s changed, ever,’ since that awful racist founding we had a couple of hundred years ago.
My statement on the death of George Floyd: pic.twitter.com/Hg1k9JHT6R
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) May 29, 2020
“It's natural to wish for life 'to just get back to normal' as a pandemic and economic crisis upend everything around us,' Obama said in a statement shared to social media. 'But we have to remember that for millions of Americans, being treated differently on account of race is tragically, painfully, maddeningly 'normal' — whether it's while dealing with the health care system, or interacting with the criminal justice system, or jogging down the street, or just watching birds in the park.'
'This shouldn't be 'normal' in 2020 America. It can't be 'normal,'' the former president added. 'If we want our children to grow up in a nation that lives up to its highest ideals, we can and must do better.'
'But it falls on all of us, regardless of our race or station — including the majority of men and women in law enforcement who take pride in doing their tough job the right way, every day — to work together to create a 'new normal' in which the legacy of bigotry and unequal treatment no longer infects our institutions or our hearts,' he concluded.
If there was some massive call for Obama to ‘weigh in’ on this, we missed it. But since he did, we’d like to remind readers of some facts.
- First, incidents like the one in Minneapolis aren’t “normal” and they never have been. The record is clear on this.
- Second, whites are shot and killed in far greater numbers than blacks and Hispanics.
- Most police shootings involve actions to take down armed criminals.
- More blacks are killed by other blacks each year than by police (see Chicago and St. Louis as the most obvious examples), yet Obama and the other African-Amerian race-baiters on the Left hardly ever mention that.
- In the cases Obama is mentioning — the alleged murder of Ahmaud Arbery by a white father and son in Georgia and now the alleged killing of Floyd by white police officer — have both resulted in arrests of the suspects, who will be tried and judged but who, like all Americans, are to be presumed innocent until proven guilty (a lawyer like Obama should know that).
- The vast majority of Americans do not now and have never supported bigotry and have not done so for decades, so what’s the purpose of bringing up the ‘legacy’ of it if not to divide?
America can always ‘do better,’ but there are some truly terrible places on the planet where people are ruled, not governed, if there is any government at all.
Americans who have never been out of the country and traveled to some of these places don’t know how truly good we have it here, even if mistakes are made and there are injustices. Most of them are corrected by our legal system.
Speaking of injustices, how come Obama hasn’t been asked why he tried to deny justice to President Trump when he ‘allegedly’ signed off on a coup attempt called ‘Crossfire Hurricane?’
That’s what cannot become ‘the new normal.’
President Trump is Breaking Down the Neck of the Federal Reserve!
He wants zero rates and QE4!
You must prepare for the financial reset