By Jon Dougherty
(TNS) After having already settled a defamation lawsuit with CNN in January, lawyers for “Covington Catholic kid” Nick Sandmann said over the weekend they plan to target an additional five media outlets.
Sandmann, you may recall, was the focal point for many Left-wing media outlets following several viral videos in January 2019 featuring him ‘staring down’ Native American ‘activist’ Nathan Phillips following a March for Life event in Washington, D.C.
- Check outÂ â€œ80:1 â€“ Silverâ€™s Incredible Potential Surgeâ€Â â€”Â download for FREE inÂ Crisis Reports
While most media outlets claimed that Sandmann and his high school friends initiated the contact with Phillips — and attacked him over that allegation — subsequent videos released shortly after the first viral event show clearly that Phillips initiated the contact, and that the mostly white Covington kids were also subjected to racial slurs and attacks by individuals belonging to a racist group known as the Black Israelites.
In March 2019, shortly after the incident, Sandmann’s legal team released a video describing the alleged defamation and blasting media outlets for their obviously slanted and incorrect coverage.
â€œLast January, 16-year-old Nicholas Sandmann was falsely targeted, attacked, vilified, and threatened,â€ the video notes. â€œThe Washington Post, owned by the richest man in the world, led the print mediaâ€™s false attacks against Nicholasâ€™ reputation. CNN led the broadcast mediaâ€™s charge against Nicholas. Both recklessly spread lies about a minor to advance their own financial and political agendas.â€
â€œDespite raw video debunking the false narrative, the Post and CNN doubled down on their reckless lies,â€ it continues. â€œLies that will forever haunt and endanger the life of an innocent young man. Lies that further divided our nation.â€’
With one media outlet down — CNN — the legal team of L. Lin Wood and Todd McMurtry are now targeting others, as The Epoch Times reported Sunday:
Covington CatholicÂ studentÂ Nick Sandmann will file lawsuits against five more media outlets regarding a viral incident that took place at the March for Life event in 2019.
His attorneys filed a status report with the U.S. District Court in Covington, stating that they are looking to file complaints against ABC, CBS, The New York Times, Rolling Stone, and newspaper operator Gannett before March 9, according to local media reports.
â€œAll of the future defendants listed above have published or republished statements made by Nathan Phillips and others that Nicholas blocked or otherwise restricted Phillipsâ€™ free movement and would not allow Phillips to retreat at the National Mall on January 18, 2019. Nicholas reserves his right to file complaints in this is Court or any other court against any other potential defendant not listed above, subject to the applicable statute of limitations,â€ their report said,Â WLWTÂ andÂ Fox19Â reported.
Sandmann had previously filed suits against theÂ Washington Post, CNN, and NBC, seeking $800 million. A federal judge in Kentucky initially tossed the suit against the WaPo, but a portion of it was reinstated a few months later.
- Be prepared for coronavirus and BEYOND with survival kits fromÂ Survival Frog â€”Â Click here
To the Left-wing media titans, Sandmann’s original sin seems to have been that he and many of his friends were wearing iconic red “Make America Great Again” hats, suggesting support for President Trump, which to them is, of course, unforgivable.
We’ll see how much Trump Derangement Syndrome winds up costing them in the end.
GOT SOMETHING TO SAY? COMMENT BELOW