By Tank Murdoch
(TNS) Despite claims on the Left that the science behind human-caused climate change is “settled,” more than 440 research papers published just last year called their conclusion into question.
- Check out â€œDEEP STATE 2019: A New Generation of Scandalous Manipulationâ€Â â€”Â download for FREE inÂ Crisis Reports
According to the NoTricksZone blog, the “scientific papers…cast doubt on the position that anthropogenic CO2 emissions function as the climateâ€™s fundamental control knobâ€¦or that otherwise serve to question the efficacy of climate models or the related ‘consensus’ positions commonly endorsed by policymakers and mainstream media sources.”
“Over 440 scientific papers published in 2019 affirm the position that there are significant limitations and uncertainties inherent in our understanding of climate and climate changes, emphasizing that climate science isÂ notÂ settled,” the blog noted.
As further reported by WorldNetDaily:
The papers support four main skeptical positions that question the climate alarm popularized in academia and media:
- Natural mechanisms play a significant role in the net changes in the climate system, including temperature variations, precipitation patterns and weather events. The influence of increased carbon concentrations on climatic changes are less pronounced than currently imagined, the papers show.
- The intensity of warming, hurricanes, droughts sea-level rise, glacier and sea-ice retreat during the modern era is neither unprecedented or remarkable, falling within the range of natural variability.
- The computer climate models are neither reliable nor consistently accurate. The uncertainty and error ranges are irreducible, and projections of future climate states are not supported by observations, making them little more than speculation.
- Policies to reduce emissions such as advocacy for renewables are often ineffective and even harmful to the environment. On the other hand, elevated carbon and a warmer climate provide unheralded benefits to the biosphere, including enhanced crop yields.
By comparison, the Left’s ‘consensus’ regarding human-caused climate change argues:
- Some 110% of the warming since 1950 has been caused by increases in human-caused carbon emissions, leaving natural attribution at close to 0%.
- Modern warming, glacier and sea-ice recession, sea level rise, drought and hurricane intensities are all occurring at unprecedentedly high and rapid rates, and thus endanger the global biosphere and human civilization.
- The climate models are reliable and accurate, and the scientific understanding of the effects of both natural factors carbon concentration changes on climate is “settled enough” that “the time for debate has ended.”
- Wind and solar expansion are safe, effective and environmentally friendly alternatives.
Most mainstream journalists accept the second set of bullet points as the gospel, including NBC News’ Chuck Todd. Last year, he declared that he would no longer give air time to “climate change deniers” on the Sunday news program he hosts, “Meet the Press.”
“This morning, we’re going to do something that we don’t often get to do, dive in on one topic. It’s obviously extraordinarily difficult to do this, as the end of this year has proven, in the era of Trump. But we’re going to take an in-depth look, regardless of that, at a literally Earth-changing subject that doesn’t get talked about this thoroughly on television news, at least, climate change,” he said.
“But just as important as what we are going to do this hour is what we’re not going to do. We’re not going to debate climate change, the existence of it. The Earth is getting hotter. And human activity is a major cause, period. We’re not going to give time to climate deniers. The science is settled, even if political opinion is not,” he concluded.
GOT SOMETHING TO SAY? COMMENT BELOW