(TNS) There are a lot of reasons why we don’t buy claims from Facebook and Twitter that both social media platforms are serious about combatting “fake news,” because they are doing nothing to ban or censor so-called “mainstream media” outlets who continually report phony stories.
- Check out â€œEpic Duel of 21st Century: China vs USA â€“ Trump Goes All Inâ€Â â€”Â download for FREE inÂ Crisis Reports
Like The New York Times.
On Friday, the outlet reported that Navy Secretary Richard SpencerÂ and SEAL commander Rear Adm. Collin Green threatened to resign if President Donald Trump forced them to allow SEAL Chief Special Warfare Operator Edward R. Gallagher to retain his “Trident” — the symbol SEAL members are given to wear on their uniforms after passing the rigorous training course.
The fake Times report came after Trump tweeted late last week that he would not allow Gallagher’s Trident to be taken away afterÂ pardoninghim on murder allegations.
The Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher’s Trident Pin. This case was handled very badly from the beginning. Get back to business!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 21, 2019
But on Saturday, Spencer corrected the record.
- Get all your Trump 2020 swagÂ at our â€œSHOPâ€ page!
The San Diego Union-Tribune noted:
U.S. Navy Secretary Richard Spencer denied a New York Times report Saturday that he had threatened to resign or be fired if President Donald Trump intervenes to stop an administrative review of a SEAL at the center of a botched war crimes court-martial.
Spencer delivered the denial from the Halifax International Security Forum in Nova Scotia, Canada, where he is a keynote speaker: â€œContrary to popular belief, I am still here. I did not threaten to resign. We are here to talk about external threats and Eddie Gallagher is not one of them.â€ The denial was also posted to his official Twitter account.
The comment bolstered other denials from Navy officials who told the Union-Tribune Saturday that neither Spencer nor Rear Adm. Collin Green had threatened to resign, contrary to what the Times had reported hours earlier.
The Timesâ€™ report is based on comments from unnamed officials in the Trump administration, the Times says.
I would like to further state that in no way, shape, or form did I ever threaten to resign. That has been incorrectly reported in the press. I serve at the pleasure of the President.
— SECNAV76 (@secnav76) November 23, 2019
At some point — the First Amendment’s freedom of the press guarantee notwithstanding — these phony baloney ‘news’ outlets will have to be held accountable for such blatant lying.
Americans literally cannot rely on the nation’s largest news organizations to be fair, must less honest, in their reporting on this president and his administration.
It’d be nice if the social media giants would hold true to their pledges and start banning outlets like the Times, CNN, and the Washington Post forÂ their fake news.
We won’t hold our breath.
- We need your help to grow, pure and simple. If you like our no holds barred approach to defending President Trump and our republic, share our stories, make sure to tell your friends about this site, and click the red bell in the right corner for push notifications.Â We donâ€™t do a regular â€˜newsletterâ€™ anymore because it gets blocked.Â
GOT SOMETHING TO SAY? COMMENT BELOW