By Jon Dougherty
(NationalSentinel) The so-called ‘Democratic socialist’ wing of the Donkey Party is so toxic with voters in critical swing states that it’s becoming extremely difficult to win them next year, according to a new internal party poll.
As reported byÂ Axios, the survey discovered that Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) are not the popular little socialist firebrands their outsized media love would indicate:
- Ocasio-Cortez is recognized by 74 percent of voters, yet has an approval rating of 22 percent
- Omar is recognized by 53 percent of voters and has an approval rating of just 9 percent
- Voters understand what socialism is, and 69 percent of them view it unfavorably, while just 18 percent view it favorably
- Capitalism, meanwhile, is viewed favorably by 56 percent of respondents, and negatively by 32 percent
The unpopularity is so bad, in fact, that Democrats’ chances of retaining control of the House, let alone defeating POTUS Donald Trump, are dim.
“If all voters hear about is AOC, it could put the [House] majority at risk,” a top Democratic source told Axios. “[S]he’s getting all the news and defining everyone else’s races.”
“Socialism is toxic to these voters,” the source added.
Axios says the survey is importantÂ because it shows that “Democrats are sounding the alarm that swing voters know and dislike socialism, warning it could cost them the House and the presidency.”
Cortez and Omar — along with Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) form the socialist-leaning “Squad” that has become House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) worst nightmare.
Their outsized attention and following is beginning to define who Democrats are, to the detriment of the entire party.
- Follow Jon Dougherty on Parler, the Twitter alternative
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Subscribe to our Brighteon channel
Sign up for our daily headlines newsletter