(National Sentinel)Â Misleading: POTUS and Commander-in-Chief Donald Trump has often called the disgustingly dishonest establishment media enemies of the American people. The media has protested that characterization.
But on a near-daily basis,Â they prove him to be 110 percent right.
On Thursday,Â The Associated Press published an outrageous claim that the Pentagon was essentiallyÂ purging immigrant Army reservists and recruitsÂ in what was unquestionably the latest effort by media to portray the president as an immigrant hater.
This, on the heels of the establishment media falsely creating a “crisis” at the border involving the “caging” of migrant children, though that occurred during theÂ Obama administration.
But as usual, it turns out the AP’s report wasÂ fake news aimed at whipping upÂ more anger and resentment against POTUS Trump and his administration.
The Army was forced to put out a statement pushing back against the AP story, which claimed:
Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned.
The AP was unable to quantify how many men and women who enlisted through the special recruitment program have been booted from the Army, but immigration attorneys say they know of more than 40 who have been discharged or whose status has become questionable, jeopardizing their futures.
The AP even managed to find one of the discharged recruits for a ‘pull at your heartstrings’ quote.
â€œIt was my dream to serve in the military,â€ said reservist Lucas Calixto, a Brazilian immigrant who filed a lawsuit against the Army last week. â€œSince this country has been so good to me, I thought it was the least I could do to give back to my adopted country and serve in the United States military.â€
What’s going on?Â More Trump racism?
Hardly. The Army said there’s nothing to see here — nothing butÂ standard policy and operating procedure.
While the service could not comment on specific individuals mentioned in the AP’s story, a statement noted that many were being let go due to security concerns.
â€œDepartment of Defense and Army policy require all recruits to undergo a suitability review as part of the military accessions process. One aspect of the suitability review is a security screening,â€ Army spokeswoman Lt. Col. Nina Hill said.
â€œAny recruit, to include those recruited through the MAVNI program, who receives an unfavorable security screening is deemed unsuitable for military service and is administratively discharged,â€ she said. â€œEach recruit undergoes an individualized suitability review and the length of time for the review is dependent upon each individualâ€™s unique background.”
The AP did note the Army’s security concerns,Â but the tone of the article clearly was to throw more Trump anti-immigrant red meat to Left-wing Americans already upset at the president because they have deemed him a racist -Â with no cause to do so.
As for the story’s origin, there appears to be someÂ self-interest at work. PerÂ Breitbart News:
Also cited in APâ€™s story is immigration lawyer Margaret Stock, a retired lieutenant Army colonel, who helped to create the MAVNI program in 2009. She and her husband both work at a law firm thatÂ specializes in immigration law.
She also administers Facebook groups where she guides MAVNI recruits through the recruitment process. It is not clear from the report whether she or her husband are representing any of the recruits suing the Army for administrative discharges.
On Tuesday, she asked on Facebook for those who were discharged to contact her.
â€œIf you are a MAVNI, who has suddenly been told that you have been discharged, please [private message] me. I am trying to get a â€œhead countâ€ on how many people might be affected by the recent spate of discharges. This is URGENT. There will be a news story tomorrow,â€ she wrote.
The AP story published Thursday evening.
There’s another law firm involved in this ‘scandal’ as well: Perkins Coie,Â the same one that represented the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee during the 2016 presidential elections.
And also served as the go-between, plausible deniability conduit for funding the infamous “Russia dossier” crafted by former British spy Christopher Steele.
“Pentagon officials explained that even if a recruit had signed an enlistment contract, taken an oath, begun drilling with their units, and started receiving military pay, if they had not yet gone through a security screening and started basic training, they were not yet formally enlisted,”Â Breitbart noted.
So again,Â nothing to see here except another conjured “scandal” meant to feed the “Trump is a racist!” narrative.
Is the U.S. media an enemy of the people, like the president says?
What doÂ you think?
Check out our informative new weekly domestic intelligence report which is currently being offered FREE for a limited time â€” but onlyÂ to subscribers of The National Sentinelâ€™s daily email newsletter. Sign up today!Â Â Click hereÂ for details.