By J. D. Heyes, editor-in-chief
Censorship is Real:Â As you may know, the social media giants like Facebook and Google have been going out of their way to censor voices and online media like our site that donâ€™t adhere to their Left-wing agenda, which is likely why many of our tens of thousands of followers donâ€™t see as many of our stories on their pages as they otherwise might.
Over the past month, our audience reach on Facebook for each of our posts has declined from around 1,700-1,900 per post to just a few hundred, and thisÂ despite the fact that we’re actually paying to promoteÂ our site and our stories on the Facebook platform!
Needless to say, as the little communist wannabes mindlessly follow boss Mark Zuckerberg’s instructions, it’s important to note this fact:
While Facebook believes it is punishingÂ us, the company is really punishingÂ you.
We want to help you avoid Facebookâ€™s and Google’s blatant censorship, but we need just a bit of help from you, our loyal readers and followers.
And the best part is, it won’t cost you a cent!
If youâ€™re already someone who â€œlikesâ€ our Facebook page, that isnâ€™t enough â€” though we certainly appreciate it! Hereâ€™s what you can do to make that â€œlikeâ€ better for you, better for us, and not so good for Facebook censors:
- â€œLikeâ€ the page (if you havenâ€™t already)
- Comment on as many posts as you can; this helps raise the postâ€™s level of interaction and popularity, which gets it seen by more people.
- On our Facebook page, under the â€œFollowingâ€ tab (top center-left on our page) is a drop-down menu; click â€œFollowingâ€ then click â€œSee Firstâ€, as in the graphic below:
Doing that will ensure that our content sits high atop your news feed, meaning youâ€™ll miss fewer stories.
4. Share our stories as much as possible, and cross-post them to related pages that you have also â€œliked.â€ This helps a lot!
5. Consider joining our email list, which we usually send out just once per day unless there is a huge breaking story we think you need to know about. [Our list isnâ€™t for sale, is completely private, and will ensure youÂ never miss a single story.]
6. Finally, bookmark our homepage and check back with us throughout the day; we update stories at least twice!
Thatâ€™s it! If you do these simple things you can follow us more closely and thus get around the social media censorship ofÂ The National Sentinel.
Thanks for your support! We really appreciate it!Â